Friday, January 06, 2012

I Found Some Genuine Good New Music

You know how I'm always like, "What good new music is there?" I mean, I love listening to new stuff from my long time favorite artists and the nth iteration of something with which I'm already familiar. People are like, "Yo La Tengo" or they're like "Arcade Fire" and I'm like, yeah, okay, I can see why people like that. But I'm not like BUWHAAAAH!

But now I am. Somehow I can't remember I came across this:

album: Alopecia
artist: Why?

Hennepin County Library

Amazon.com

I do not know how to link to iTunes.

That is some really, really creative new music that is not really quite like anything I've ever heard before. I really connected with that. And it's from here!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed on the Amazon page for this album that these guys recorded this album at Third Ear Studio in Minneapolis, which is the very studio that the late, lamented Rivertown Rats recorded our Blue Sundress album. And it assuredly means they were supported and gently guided by Tom Herbers, certainly as masterful an engineer/producer as there is in town. Herbers is currently wasting his talent but certainly earning a fine living as the road sound man for Trampled By Turtles. What a tribulation, having to listen to those guys on a nightly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very touched that this band would name themselves after one of my most obvious qualities

    ReplyDelete