Friday, November 05, 2010

Well Done, Library

When there is something I want to read, I look for it at the library because I am cheap and I don't want to fill my house up with books any more than it is already so. When a book is not at the library I get the necessary information from amazon and fill out the "suggest a title" form from hclib.org. Then, back on amazon, I add the book to my private "recommended to library" wish list.

Periodically, especially when I am between books with nothing in mind to read next, as I was recently, I check on whether any of my recommendations have been purchased. I'd say this whole system works less than 10% of the time.

However!

The library recently purchased no fewer than thirteen Star Wars novels from the '90s chronicling the adventures of Luke, Han, Leia, etc. and their kids. Thirteen! Several of these were books in trilogies of which they had a maddening one or two. With a sense of a job well done, I moved them to my "purchased by library" list. Fellow nerds of Hennepin County, you're welcome. Enjoy. (Please note the "On Order" status of most of these books.)

Tales From The Mos Eisley Cantina


Tales from Jabba's Palace


Shadows of the Empire


Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn: Specter of the Past (Book 1)


Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy: Assault at Selonia (Book 2)


Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy: Showdown at Centerpoint (Book 3)


Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy: The Paradise Snare (Book 1)


The New Rebellion


Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis: Before the Storm (Book 1)


Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis: Shield of Lies (Book 2)


The Crystal Star


Children of the Jedi


Star Wars: Republic Commando: True Colors (Book 3)


In the wake of this week's elections, this qualifies as activism. It's what I can do for our community.

Still waiting for them to get "The Lando Calrissian Adventures" Omnibus...

No comments:

Post a Comment