Monday, March 16, 2009

Ten Bands You Have All Their Albums Of

This was an interesting one to me and I could spend untold hours documenting in detail exactly which albums I have and why the ones I don't have don't count (This means you, Yellow Submarine (original version), which actually now that I think about it I bought on LP in high school) but here is the short version of what could have become a compulsive time suck. Minimum is three albums (Sorry Jubilant Dogs fans except for Stu who has a live disc and a rarities collection).

10. The Velvet Underground
9. Kaptain Karl
8. Scot Ninnemann
7. Great Uncle Helmer
6. Evan Johnson (Yes, there are three - if you do not have the five disc "The Evan Johnson Anthology" you are missing out.)
5. Simon & Garfunkel/Paul Simon (unless you count "The Paul Simon Songbook", longtime inhabitant of my amazon wish list, but not something I actually strongly desire or need)
4. Billy Joel
3. Kirsty MacColl
2. Bob Dylan
1. The Beatles

Anyone else? What's interesting is that I think there are exactly ten bands I have all their albums of.

3 comments:

  1. Five Bands I realized I forgot:
    Wings
    Big Star
    Alex Chilton
    Trip Shakespeare
    They Might Be Giants (unless you count the internet only Long Tall Weekend, most of which was anthologized on They Got Lost or simply released on Mink Car)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want on this list, Memphis. Whatever you're missing will be on its way with a cute little bow and a snickerdoodle to boot. You get in touch with my people, and let's set this thing right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the eleven albums listed at Torch And Bacon's front page that I do not have:

    Senor Squeaky
    The Bootleg No One Else Would Make
    Winter On Mercury
    Suck Pumpkin
    How About A Beating?
    As Rome Burns
    Not!
    Separate Ways
    Roque and Roll
    Sunhouse Branch: The Top Secret Band That's So Secret That The Members Don't Even Know That They're In The Band
    Leaky Joe: Fistful of Blues

    I would gleefully welcome their presence in my home. This will presumably add at least three bands to the list: Flip Nasty, Roque, and Cody Weathers.

    Still working on that Shapely Bottles/Latest Stuff compilation CD for you...

    ReplyDelete