Friday, June 06, 2008

Grace Paley Rules!

When I'm not reading Batman comics or exercise training books, I'm reading Fidelity by Grace Paley. Wow.

I'm tempted to say something like, "If you don't like this book there's something terribly wrong with you." However, as I get older I realize such judgmental statements are generally made in ignorance and/or to get attention. But still, check it out. Really. The aged wisdom I just showed with my restraint there is totally on display in this book along with other much more important things. I am moved to tears every couple of pages. Honestly.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to read Paley in the past, without much success. Maybe I've been reading the wrong books? I'll put this one on my list and try again. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete