Thursday, November 06, 2008

Follow Up, etc.

I heard from Rob Van Vliet and am now listening to him and his old bandmate Jason Hussa play their excellent, early '90s, largely acoustic version of the Beatles' Tomorrow Never Knows. A 16 song sampler, including that cover song, is available free here:

Straw Dogs
LISTEN TO MY HAIR GROW, vol 3
Straw Dogs sampler 1991-1993

I recommend it.

-----------------------------------

Here's a fun exercise. Clear your mind. Sing the vowel "O" and then whatever song that brings to your mind, sing that song. It can be indicative of your mental state. Examples at the end of this entry. It may take a while the first few times you do it, so let that O draw out as much as you want.

-----------------------------------

Our third story comes to us tonight from the United States, where a new president has been elected. I am so happy.

-----------------------------------

Lately I've been singing Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" when I do the above exercise. "Oh I...don't wanna fall in love." Other times it ends up being "O Tannenbam". I should write a song that starts with a big O.

2 comments:

  1. I count 17 songs on the sampler, but I guess one of them is teensy and almost doesn't count. I'll leave the sampler up for only a limited time. A coupla weeks maybe? Enjoy!

    (Also, the "van" is lower case.)

    ~ Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. That sampler was missing a song. new sampler going up in a sec..... ~r

    ReplyDelete